Litecoin (LTC) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 12:00 PM E.T. on May 25th. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for about $68.72 or 0.00232019 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. Over the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 1.6% higher against the dollar. Litecoin has a total market cap of $4.83 billion and approximately $562.86 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0830 or 0.00000280 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded 4.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.74 or 0.00002512 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $4.90 or 0.00016528 BTC.
- SpaceMine (MINE) traded 3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.89 or 0.00003009 BTC.
- EAC (EAC) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.83 or 0.00006174 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3.68 or 0.00010892 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00000797 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00000666 BTC.
- ConstitutionDAO (PEOPLE) traded down 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0245 or 0.00000083 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0051 or 0.00000017 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team. The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support. In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second. Blockchain data provided by: Blockchair (Main Source), CryptoID (Backup), and WhatToMine (Block Time only) “
Litecoin Coin Trading
Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, GDAX or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.