Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 0.2% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 12:00 PM ET on May 25th. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be purchased for $23.87 or 0.00080534 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. During the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded 18% higher against the U.S. dollar. Ethereum Classic has a total market capitalization of $3.22 billion and $869.56 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1,961.70 or 0.06618509 BTC.
- Super Zero Protocol (SERO) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00000339 BTC.
- Callisto Network (CLO) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0036 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- WhaleRoom (WHL) traded 19.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.08 or 0.00007088 BTC.
- Transaction Service fee (TSF) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00000438 BTC.
- Ether Zero (ETZ) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0011 or 0.00000004 BTC.
- Etho Protocol (ETHO) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0186 or 0.00000063 BTC.
- Ellaism (ELLA) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Bitcoiin (B2G) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0006 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Elementrem (ELE) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0010 or 0.00000006 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.