Helium (CURRENCY:HNT) traded 1.2% lower against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 17:00 PM Eastern on September 16th. One Helium coin can currently be bought for $20.10 or 0.00042485 BTC on major exchanges. Helium has a total market cap of $1.97 billion and $22.14 million worth of Helium was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Helium has traded down 6.2% against the US dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded 11% higher against the dollar and now trades at $63.25 or 0.00133722 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.03 or 0.00004301 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $260.45 or 0.00550636 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded down 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $8.51 or 0.00017985 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded down 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00000661 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $6.25 or 0.00013214 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 14.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00000843 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded 4.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.90 or 0.00001909 BTC.
- Divi (DIVI) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0396 or 0.00000084 BTC.
- Energi (NRG) traded 12% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.00 or 0.00004223 BTC.
Helium Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “With a Helium Hotspot, anyone can earn cryptocurrency by building a wireless network in their city and creating a more connected future. It provides wireless coverage for low power Internet of Things (IoT) devices and earns a new cryptocurrency, Helium, from the users' living room. HNT is mined and distributed to Hotspot Owners, Helium Inc., and Investors. Helium uses algorithm called “Proof-of-Coverage” (PoC) to verify that Hotspots are located where they claim (as established in the assert_location transaction when they are first deployed). There is no pre-mine of HNT, and a max supply of 223M HNT. HNT supply comes from mining with a compatible Hotspot that both mines HNT and creates network coverage for IoT devices. All HNT was mined from genesis, starting at a rate of 5M HNT/month and then halving every 2 years. On August 1st, 2021 the net HNT issuance will be reduced to 2.5M HNT per month. The distribution of HNT changes over time to align incentives with the needs of the network. In the early days, a higher proportion of HNT is allocated to Hotspot owners for building and securing coverage. As the network grows, Hotspots earn more for transferring device data on the network while Helium Inc. and investors earn less. After 20 years, distributions no longer adjust and remain fixed. “
Buying and Selling Helium
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Helium directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Helium should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Helium using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Helium Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Helium and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.