Handshake (CURRENCY:HNS) traded 8.5% higher against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 18:00 PM E.T. on May 4th. Handshake has a total market cap of $281.93 million and $1.29 million worth of Handshake was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Handshake coin can currently be bought for about $0.74 or 0.00001378 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. During the last week, Handshake has traded 9.9% higher against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $54,037.48 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3,282.90 or 0.06075221 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 25.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.54 or 0.00001003 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 4.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $306.87 or 0.00567890 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 3.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $967.83 or 0.01791027 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 29.7% against the dollar and now trades at $64.93 or 0.00120149 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $388.78 or 0.00719455 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded down 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $344.99 or 0.00638433 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $244.36 or 0.00452205 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.51 or 0.00004639 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Handshake is an experiment on collaborating to create a decentralized network which results in a global allocation of names. Think of the handles or usernames you use on services such as social networks, and domain names identifying the URI for websites. Nearly all of these services were provided by trusted third parties which prevent the web from truly being decentralized. Handshake provides a means, including key management and server/service authentication, for decentralized web services to experiment. The Internet currently relies upon a single trust root DNS zone and an amalgamation of private companies providing trusted Certificate Authorities to secure the internet, Handshake is an experiment and exploration in alternatives. By providing a way to do decentralized lookup of name records, one can produce hashes and keys to identify resources over decentralized networks without a trusted Certificate Authority corporation. “
Buying and Selling Handshake
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Handshake directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Handshake should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Handshake using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Handshake Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Handshake and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.