Helium (CURRENCY:HNT) traded down 1.6% against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 12:00 PM Eastern on April 13th. One Helium coin can currently be purchased for about $16.05 or 0.00025172 BTC on exchanges. Helium has a market cap of $1.26 billion and approximately $16.45 million worth of Helium was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Helium has traded 12.1% lower against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $33.21 or 0.00052094 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.49 or 0.00002344 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded down 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $216.84 or 0.00340176 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.63 or 0.00010400 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00000558 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.50 or 0.00000782 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded 3.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.31 or 0.00003621 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $6.47 or 0.00010152 BTC.
- Apollo Currency (APL) traded up 15.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0088 or 0.00000014 BTC.
- Energi (NRG) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.07 or 0.00006380 BTC.
Helium Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “With a Helium Hotspot, anyone can earn cryptocurrency by building a wireless network in their city and creating a more connected future. It provides wireless coverage for low power Internet of Things (IoT) devices and earns a new cryptocurrency, Helium, from the users' living room. HNT is mined and distributed to Hotspot Owners, Helium Inc., and Investors. Helium uses algorithm called “Proof-of-Coverage” (PoC) to verify that Hotspots are located where they claim (as established in the assert_location transaction when they are first deployed). There is no pre-mine of HNT, and a max supply of 223M HNT. HNT supply comes from mining with a compatible Hotspot that both mines HNT and creates network coverage for IoT devices. All HNT was mined from genesis, starting at a rate of 5M HNT/month and then halving every 2 years. On August 1st, 2021 the net HNT issuance will be reduced to 2.5M HNT per month. The distribution of HNT changes over time to align incentives with the needs of the network. In the early days, a higher proportion of HNT is allocated to Hotspot owners for building and securing coverage. As the network grows, Hotspots earn more for transferring device data on the network while Helium Inc. and investors earn less. After 20 years, distributions no longer adjust and remain fixed. “
Buying and Selling Helium
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Helium directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Helium should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Helium using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Helium Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Helium and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.