Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded up 4.4% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on April 8th. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be purchased for $19.07 or 0.00032987 BTC on popular exchanges. In the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded up 36.9% against the US dollar. Ethereum Classic has a total market capitalization of $2.22 billion and $3.17 billion worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $2,047.99 or 0.03543473 BTC.
- Super Zero Protocol (SERO) traded 15.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00000485 BTC.
- Callisto Network (CLO) traded up 21.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0135 or 0.00000023 BTC.
- Ellaism (ELLA) traded up 8.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0092 or 0.00000016 BTC.
- Ether Zero (ETZ) traded down 27.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0022 or 0.00000004 BTC.
- Bitcoiin (B2G) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Elementrem (ELE) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0010 or 0.00000006 BTC.
- Akroma (AKA) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0006 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Money Plant Token (MPT) traded 33.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0008 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Exchange Payment Coin (EXP) traded up 10.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000002 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.