XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded down 2.3% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 7:00 AM ET on January 14th. Over the last seven days, XRP has traded 8.2% lower against the U.S. dollar. XRP has a total market cap of $13.28 billion and $4.71 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day. One XRP coin can now be bought for about $0.29 or 0.00000770 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002634 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded up 32.1% against the dollar and now trades at $12.10 or 0.00031842 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $40.88 or 0.00107609 BTC.
- Tixl (MTXLT) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $79.08 or 0.00215035 BTC.
- KnoxFS (old) (KFX) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $19.25 or 0.00049793 BTC.
- Counos X (CCXX) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $89.86 or 0.00236558 BTC.
- Neo (NEO) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.54 or 0.00059348 BTC.
- IZE (IZE) traded 9.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00000645 BTC.
- yearn.finance (YFI) traded 7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $32,541.91 or 0.85669413 BTC.
- Filecoin (FIL) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $21.78 or 0.00057336 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: . It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.