Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 5% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on November 9th. Namecoin has a total market cap of $6.63 million and approximately $4,568.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, Namecoin has traded down 4.7% against the dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for $0.45 or 0.00005068 BTC on popular exchanges including C-Patex, Altcoin Trader, Bittylicious and WEX.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $8,861.38 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $282.45 or 0.03182085 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00001616 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $59.80 or 0.00674049 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 9.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.58 or 0.00017849 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0177 or 0.00000200 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0488 or 0.00000551 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0455 or 0.00000513 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded up 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0201 or 0.00000227 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
Namecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 18th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia, Bitsane, Tux Exchange, Bittylicious, SouthXchange, Altcoin Trader, WEX, YoBit, Poloniex, BX Thailand, Trade By Trade, C-Patex, Bleutrade and Livecoin. It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.