Abeona Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ABEO) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 5/17/2019 – Abeona Therapeutics was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 5/14/2019 – Abeona Therapeutics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $29.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “: We are reiterating our OW rating and $29 12-month price target on Abeona following 1Q19 earnings. Abeona announced the CMC work for the Phase 3 VITAL study in EB-101 for the treatment of recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB) has been completed. The trial could initiate in mid-2019, following the completion of the last checkbox regarding an ongoing FDA review. While specific timeline guidance has not been provided, pre-screening has begun, which could support a more rapid enrollment. Additionally, the company expects to announce interim data from the Sanfilippo Phase 1/2 studies.””
- 5/9/2019 – Abeona Therapeutics was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 5/6/2019 – Abeona Therapeutics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at HC Wainwright. They wrote, “Valuation methodology, risks and uncertainties. We ascribe a total risk-adjusted net present value (rNPV) of $1.46B to Abeona’s technology platforms, which yields a price per share of $30.00 based on about 48M shares outstanding as of end-2019. We utilize an 85% probability of success for EB-101.””
- 5/1/2019 – Abeona Therapeutics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Maxim Group. They wrote, “Abeona reported positive preclinical data for their AIM vector platform using the AAV204 capsid in cystic fibrosis (CF) and retinal diseases at the American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy and, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, respectively.””
ABEO stock traded up $0.08 during mid-day trading on Friday, hitting $6.57. The company had a trading volume of 3,587 shares, compared to its average volume of 391,920. The stock has a market cap of $329.39 million, a P/E ratio of -5.52 and a beta of 1.92. Abeona Therapeutics Inc has a 12-month low of $6.26 and a 12-month high of $18.90. The company has a quick ratio of 3.35, a current ratio of 3.35 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.06.
Abeona Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ABEO) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Monday, March 18th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.36) EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of ($0.42) by $0.06. Abeona Therapeutics had a negative net margin of 960.91% and a negative return on equity of 45.58%. The business had revenue of $0.50 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.66 million. On average, analysts anticipate that Abeona Therapeutics Inc will post -1.51 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other Abeona Therapeutics news, Director Stephen B. Howell bought 4,000 shares of Abeona Therapeutics stock in a transaction dated Monday, April 8th. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $7.77 per share, for a total transaction of $31,080.00. Following the acquisition, the director now directly owns 6,000 shares in the company, valued at approximately $46,620. The acquisition was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, Director Stefano Buono bought 70,000 shares of Abeona Therapeutics stock in a transaction dated Thursday, April 11th. The stock was acquired at an average price of $7.80 per share, for a total transaction of $546,000.00. Following the completion of the acquisition, the director now owns 20,980 shares in the company, valued at $163,644. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. Insiders own 33.60% of the company’s stock.
Institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of the company. Teachers Advisors LLC increased its holdings in shares of Abeona Therapeutics by 75.6% in the 3rd quarter. Teachers Advisors LLC now owns 98,192 shares of the biopharmaceutical company’s stock worth $1,257,000 after buying an additional 42,261 shares during the last quarter. SG Americas Securities LLC grew its holdings in Abeona Therapeutics by 23.7% during the 4th quarter. SG Americas Securities LLC now owns 22,720 shares of the biopharmaceutical company’s stock valued at $162,000 after purchasing an additional 4,351 shares during the last quarter. Geode Capital Management LLC grew its holdings in Abeona Therapeutics by 2.0% during the 4th quarter. Geode Capital Management LLC now owns 341,206 shares of the biopharmaceutical company’s stock valued at $2,436,000 after purchasing an additional 6,826 shares during the last quarter. Nisa Investment Advisors LLC bought a new position in Abeona Therapeutics during the 4th quarter valued at about $198,000. Finally, Barclays PLC grew its holdings in Abeona Therapeutics by 184.9% during the 4th quarter. Barclays PLC now owns 62,885 shares of the biopharmaceutical company’s stock valued at $450,000 after purchasing an additional 40,811 shares during the last quarter. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 65.99% of the company’s stock.
Abeona Therapeutics Inc, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing and delivering gene therapy products for severe and life-threatening rare diseases. The company's lead programs are EB-101 (gene-corrected skin grafts) for recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB); ABO-102, which are AAV based gene therapies for Sanfilippo syndrome type A; and ABO-101, an adeno-associated virus (AAV) based gene therapies for Sanfilippo syndrome type B.
Receive News & Ratings for Abeona Therapeutics Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Abeona Therapeutics Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.