Thomson Reuters (NYSE: TRI) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 5/11/2019 – Thomson Reuters was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $71.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Thomson Corporation is a leading provider of value-added information and technology to users in the fields of law, tax, accounting, financial services, higher education, reference information, corporate training and assessment, scientific research and healthcare. “
- 5/9/2019 – Thomson Reuters had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from $64.00 to $66.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 5/1/2019 – Thomson Reuters was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 4/29/2019 – Thomson Reuters had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $66.00 to $67.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 4/22/2019 – Thomson Reuters was upgraded by analysts at National Bank Financial from a “sector perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 3/25/2019 – Thomson Reuters was downgraded by analysts at National Bank Financial from an “outperform” rating to a “sector perform” rating.
Shares of NYSE TRI traded down $0.23 during mid-day trading on Friday, reaching $64.97. 412,777 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 526,006. The stock has a market cap of $32.39 billion, a PE ratio of 86.63, a P/E/G ratio of 6.37 and a beta of 0.63. The company has a current ratio of 1.83, a quick ratio of 1.83 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.36. Thomson Reuters Corp has a 52-week low of $41.79 and a 52-week high of $65.60.
Thomson Reuters (NYSE:TRI) (TSE:TRI) last released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, May 8th. The business services provider reported $0.36 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.23 by $0.13. The business had revenue of $1.49 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.50 billion. Thomson Reuters had a return on equity of 4.25% and a net margin of 78.52%. The company’s revenue was up 7.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $0.28 EPS. Research analysts predict that Thomson Reuters Corp will post 1.13 EPS for the current year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, June 17th. Investors of record on Thursday, May 23rd will be issued a dividend of $0.36 per share. This represents a $1.44 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.22%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, May 22nd. Thomson Reuters’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is 192.00%.
A number of institutional investors have recently made changes to their positions in the stock. Advisor Partners LLC boosted its holdings in Thomson Reuters by 4.6% during the 1st quarter. Advisor Partners LLC now owns 4,559 shares of the business services provider’s stock valued at $270,000 after acquiring an additional 200 shares during the period. US Bancorp DE boosted its holdings in Thomson Reuters by 6.1% during the 1st quarter. US Bancorp DE now owns 5,549 shares of the business services provider’s stock valued at $328,000 after acquiring an additional 319 shares during the period. Cetera Advisors LLC boosted its holdings in Thomson Reuters by 6.1% during the 4th quarter. Cetera Advisors LLC now owns 6,215 shares of the business services provider’s stock valued at $302,000 after acquiring an additional 357 shares during the period. Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. boosted its holdings in Thomson Reuters by 9.9% during the 1st quarter. Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. now owns 4,907 shares of the business services provider’s stock valued at $291,000 after acquiring an additional 442 shares during the period. Finally, Wetherby Asset Management Inc. boosted its holdings in Thomson Reuters by 7.1% during the 4th quarter. Wetherby Asset Management Inc. now owns 6,750 shares of the business services provider’s stock valued at $326,000 after acquiring an additional 446 shares during the period. Institutional investors own 21.94% of the company’s stock.
Thomson Reuters Corporation provides news and information-based tools to professionals worldwide. It operates through five segments: Legal Professionals, Corporates, Tax Professionals, Reuters News, and Global Print. The Legal Professionals segment offers research and workflow products focusing on legal research and integrated legal workflow solutions that combine content, tools, and analytics.
See Also: The Structure of a Futures Contract
Receive News & Ratings for Thomson Reuters Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Thomson Reuters Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.