Factom (CURRENCY:FCT) traded 0.9% higher against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on March 15th. Over the last week, Factom has traded up 5.5% against the US dollar. Factom has a total market cap of $61.87 million and approximately $72,014.00 worth of Factom was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Factom coin can currently be bought for approximately $6.58 or 0.00166997 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Upbit, Bit-Z, BCEX and Poloniex.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- XRP (XRP) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00008002 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $15.24 or 0.00386870 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00002711 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00025589 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0228 or 0.00000577 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $66.87 or 0.01697103 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 5.2% against the dollar and now trades at $9.37 or 0.00237739 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded up 64.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00002669 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded 2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0052 or 0.00000133 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded up 4.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00004997 BTC.
Factom’s launch date was October 5th, 2015. Factom’s total supply is 9,402,509 coins. Factom’s official Twitter account is @factom and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Factom is /r/factom and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Factom’s official website is factom.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Will Factoids have their own blockchain? Ultimately Factoids will be implemented on their own Chain in Factom. For the crowd sale, other options are possible. How are Factoids created? Two ways. Factoids will be created as a part of the crowd sale. Secondly, Factoids will be created at a fixed rate and paid to the Factom Servers and Audit Servers for their work running the system, and to pay other incentives. Is there a separate Proof of Work or other consensus mechanism for factoids, independent of factom? No. That said, the Factom chain and the Entry chain are managed by the Factom Servers (they are the application using these chains) so they validate them in real time. No invalid entries can be placed in these chains. How do factoids get sent back to the protocol? Is it a kind of burn? No. The Entry Credits are burned. Entry Credits are non transferable. They can only be used to buy entries. But when they DO buy entries, the Factoid in the protocol that was used to buy the Entry Credits is released. The amount of Factoids varies since the price of Entry Credits per Factoid varies. The Factoid paid out is calculated by dividing the total number of Factoid in the protocol by the number of outstanding Entry Credits. The number of Factoids in the protocol and the number of outstanding Entry Credits are all computable from the Entry Chain and the Factoid Chain. “
Factom Coin Trading
Factom can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BCEX, Upbit, Cryptopia, Bit-Z, Poloniex and Bittrex. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Factom directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Factom should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Factom using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Factom Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Factom and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.