A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) recently:
- 11/6/2018 – Littelfuse was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Littelfuse is the preferred brand for leading manufacturers around the world, with more than 40 sales, manufacturing and engineering facilities and a global network of distribution channels. Littelfuse products are vital components in virtually every market that uses electrical energy, from consumer electronics to automobiles, commercial vehicles and industrial equipment. They are also expanding into adjacent markets that complement their core business including power distribution centers for mining operations, generator controls and protection for marine applications, heavy-duty switches for commercial vehicles and electromechanical sensors used in the automotive industry. “
- 11/2/2018 – Littelfuse was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 11/1/2018 – Littelfuse was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/29/2018 – Littelfuse had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barrington Research. They wrote, “We have a MARKET PERFORM investment rating on the shares. Company Description Littelfuse, Inc. engages in supplying of circuit protection products for the electronics, automotive and electrical industries. It offers electromechanical and electronic switch and control devices for commercial and specialty vehicles and sensors for automobile safety systems, as well as protection relays and power distribution centers for the safe control and distribution of electricity. It operates through the following segments: Electronics, Automotive, and Electrical. The Electronics segment includes the broadest and deepest portfolio of overvoltage and overcurrent solutions. The Automotive segment maintains a direct sales force to service all the major automotive OEMs and system suppliers domestically.””
- 10/8/2018 – Littelfuse was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/25/2018 – Littelfuse was given a new $248.00 price target on by analysts at CL King. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
NASDAQ:LFUS traded down $1.79 during trading hours on Thursday, hitting $190.36. The stock had a trading volume of 128,139 shares, compared to its average volume of 190,501. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.45, a current ratio of 3.46 and a quick ratio of 2.65. Littelfuse, Inc. has a one year low of $163.43 and a one year high of $238.10. The company has a market cap of $4.65 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 24.59, a PEG ratio of 1.61 and a beta of 0.95.
Littelfuse (NASDAQ:LFUS) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October 31st. The technology company reported $2.49 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $2.40 by $0.09. Littelfuse had a net margin of 7.47% and a return on equity of 17.35%. The firm had revenue of $439.20 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $441.62 million. During the same period last year, the firm earned $2.12 EPS. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 38.2% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities research analysts expect that Littelfuse, Inc. will post 9.57 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, insider Jeffrey G. Gorski sold 350 shares of Littelfuse stock in a transaction on Tuesday, August 21st. The shares were sold at an average price of $222.93, for a total transaction of $78,025.50. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now directly owns 3,475 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $774,681.75. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, Director Nathan Zommer sold 592 shares of Littelfuse stock in a transaction on Tuesday, September 4th. The stock was sold at an average price of $221.23, for a total transaction of $130,968.16. Following the sale, the director now directly owns 461,086 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $102,006,055.78. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last three months, insiders sold 15,034 shares of company stock valued at $3,344,436. Insiders own 3.80% of the company’s stock.
Several hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of the company. Forward Management LLC lifted its holdings in shares of Littelfuse by 8.4% during the 2nd quarter. Forward Management LLC now owns 3,251 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $742,000 after acquiring an additional 252 shares during the last quarter. Polen Capital Management LLC lifted its stake in Littelfuse by 12.0% in the second quarter. Polen Capital Management LLC now owns 2,493 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $569,000 after purchasing an additional 268 shares during the last quarter. Prudential Financial Inc. lifted its stake in Littelfuse by 1.6% in the third quarter. Prudential Financial Inc. now owns 18,144 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $3,591,000 after purchasing an additional 277 shares during the last quarter. Janney Montgomery Scott LLC lifted its stake in Littelfuse by 8.4% in the third quarter. Janney Montgomery Scott LLC now owns 3,612 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $715,000 after purchasing an additional 281 shares during the last quarter. Finally, TD Asset Management Inc. lifted its stake in Littelfuse by 11.5% in the second quarter. TD Asset Management Inc. now owns 2,900 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $662,000 after purchasing an additional 300 shares during the last quarter. 97.92% of the stock is owned by institutional investors.
Littelfuse, Inc designs, manufactures, and sells circuit protection products worldwide. The company's Electronics segment offers fuses and fuse accessories, positive temperature coefficient resettable fuses, polymer electrostatic discharge suppressors, varistors, and gas discharge tubes; and semiconductor and power semiconductor products, such as discrete transient voltage suppressor (TVS) diodes, TVS diode arrays, protection and switching thyristors, silicon carbide, metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors, and silicon carbide diodes, as well as insulated gate bipolar transistors.
Recommended Story: Technical Analysis
Receive News & Ratings for Littelfuse Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Littelfuse Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.