News articles about Micro Focus (NYSE:MFGP) have been trending somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. Accern identifies negative and positive news coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Micro Focus earned a coverage optimism score of 0.07 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media headlines about the company an impact score of 44.1521310581693 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the near term.
Here are some of the news stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s rankings:
- EQUITY ALERT: Rosen Law Firm Announces Investigation of Securities Claims Against Micro Focus International plc (finance.yahoo.com)
- Utimaco Announces Intent to Acquire Atalla from Micro Focus (markets.financialcontent.com)
- Canaccord Genuity Upgrades Micro Focus Int’l PLC (MFGP) to Buy (streetinsider.com)
- Micro Focus (MFGP) Upgraded to Buy by Canaccord Genuity (americanbankingnews.com)
- Premarket Mixed, Dow Jones Lags; Boot Barn Poised For Gap Up Open (finance.yahoo.com)
Several equities research analysts have issued reports on MFGP shares. ValuEngine downgraded Micro Focus from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating in a report on Wednesday, May 2nd. Zacks Investment Research raised Micro Focus from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and set a $16.00 price target for the company in a report on Friday, April 6th. Finally, Canaccord Genuity raised Micro Focus to a “buy” rating in a report on Thursday, May 17th.
MFGP opened at $17.85 on Tuesday. Micro Focus has a fifty-two week low of $12.67 and a fifty-two week high of $36.21.
About Micro Focus
Micro Focus International plc, an infrastructure software company, develops, sells, and supports software products and solutions to federal, airlines, and healthcare industries in the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, France, Japan, and internationally. The company operates through Micro Focus and SUSE segments.
Receive News & Ratings for Micro Focus Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Micro Focus and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.