Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded 7.6% higher against the dollar during the one day period ending at 14:00 PM Eastern on April 4th. One Peercoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $2.14 or 0.00025970 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including WEX, SouthXchange, Tux Exchange and Livecoin. Peercoin has a total market cap of $53.01 million and $671,819.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Peercoin has traded 18.8% higher against the dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,265.33 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 10.9% against the dollar and now trades at $972.92 or 0.11783700 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.08 or 0.00037299 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded down 15.6% against the dollar and now trades at $3.61 or 0.00043770 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $65.05 or 0.00787821 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 10.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.09 or 0.00219078 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 4.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Steem Dollars (SBD) traded up 6.6% against the dollar and now trades at $3.05 or 0.00036918 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 0.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.61 or 0.00019520 BTC.
Peercoin (PPC) is a coin. It launched on August 20th, 2012. Peercoin’s total supply is 24,721,216 coins. Peercoin’s official Twitter account is @peercoinppc and its Facebook page is accessible here. Peercoin’s official message board is talk.peercoin.net. Peercoin’s official website is www.peercoin.net. The Reddit community for Peercoin is /r/peercoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Peercoin Coin Trading
Peercoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittylicious, Livecoin, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, The Rock Trading, Bittrex, WEX, LiteBit.eu, Bleutrade, YoBit, Bit-Z, OpenLedger DEX, BX Thailand, HitBTC, Coingi, SouthXchange and Poloniex. It is not presently possible to purchase Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Peercoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.