Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Henry Schein (NASDAQ: HSIC):
- 3/8/2018 – Henry Schein is now covered by analysts at Barclays. They set an “equal weight” rating and a $71.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/6/2018 – Henry Schein was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Henry Schein exited fourth-quarter 2017 on a mixed note with earnings meeting the Zacks Consensus Estimate and revenues marginally beating the same. Apart from balanced growth across all operating segments, Henry Schein's gains in the United States as well as overseas raise optimism. We are also positive about the company’s purchase of a 60% stake in Sao Paulo, Brazil-based veterinary product distributor — ABASE. Moreover, a raised EPS guidance for 2018 buoys optimism. On the flip side, the year-over-year deterioration in gross and operating margin due to higher cost of sales and expenses continues to be a concern. Also, a tough competitive landscape and pricing pressure weigh on the stock. Over the past three months, the company has underperformed the broader industry.”
- 3/1/2018 – Henry Schein was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 2/27/2018 – Henry Schein is now covered by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They set a “neutral” rating and a $76.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/21/2018 – Henry Schein had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barrington Research.
- 2/21/2018 – Henry Schein was given a new $75.00 price target on by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/15/2018 – Henry Schein had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They now have a $77.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $79.00.
- 2/13/2018 – Henry Schein had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Leerink Swann.
Shares of Henry Schein stock traded down $0.22 during mid-day trading on Monday, hitting $67.83. 3,754,729 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 2,047,306. The company has a market cap of $10,458.89, a P/E ratio of 26.65, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.67 and a beta of 1.09. The company has a quick ratio of 0.76, a current ratio of 1.45 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.32. Henry Schein, Inc. has a 1-year low of $62.56 and a 1-year high of $93.50.
Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) last announced its earnings results on Tuesday, February 20th. The company reported $0.97 EPS for the quarter, hitting the consensus estimate of $0.97. The business had revenue of $3.32 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.30 billion. Henry Schein had a net margin of 3.26% and a return on equity of 19.70%. Henry Schein’s revenue was up 6.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted $0.94 EPS. equities research analysts anticipate that Henry Schein, Inc. will post 4.08 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Henry Schein, Inc is a provider of healthcare products and services primarily to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. The Company operates through two segments: healthcare distribution, and technology and value-added services. The healthcare distribution segment distributes consumable products, small equipment, laboratory products, large equipment, equipment repair services, branded and generic pharmaceuticals, vaccines, surgical products, diagnostic tests, infection-control products and vitamins.
Receive News & Ratings for Henry Schein Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Henry Schein Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.