Barclays (NYSE: BCS) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 3/19/2018 – Barclays had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 3/8/2018 – Barclays was upgraded by analysts at BCS to a “sell” rating.
- 3/8/2018 – Barclays was upgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs from a “sell” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 3/1/2018 – Barclays was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 2/9/2018 – Barclays had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG.
- 2/2/2018 – Barclays was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 2/1/2018 – Barclays had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 1/22/2018 – Barclays was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Barclays' shares on NYSE have underperformed the industry over the past six months. Also, the company has surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for earnings in only one of the trailing four quarters. It has been facing pressure on revenues owing to weak capital market performance, low interest rates and uncertainty related to Brexit. Further, the U.S. tax act will result in a one-time charge of $1.3 billion in the fourth quarter, thereby hurting the bank's profitability in 2017. However, the bank's restructuring and business simplifying efforts have ended successfully and will likely continue to result in decrease in expenses. Also, driven by these efforts, the company is expected to enhance capital deployment activities as profitability improves going forward.”
Shares of Barclays stock traded up $0.50 during midday trading on Monday, hitting $12.26. The company had a trading volume of 4,882,109 shares, compared to its average volume of 3,979,132. The company has a market cap of $50,167.46, a P/E ratio of -22.29, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 0.58 and a beta of 0.81. Barclays has a 1-year low of $9.29 and a 1-year high of $12.47. The company has a current ratio of 1.27, a quick ratio of 1.27 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 4.10.
The business also recently declared a special dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, April 5th. Investors of record on Friday, March 2nd will be issued a $0.1115 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, March 1st. Barclays’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is -40.00%.
In related news, major shareholder Plc Barclays sold 4,019 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, March 13th. The stock was sold at an average price of $11.07, for a total value of $44,490.33. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. In the last three months, insiders sold 29,627 shares of company stock worth $300,992. Company insiders own 0.02% of the company’s stock.
Barclays PLC, is a global financial services holding company. The Company is engaged in credit cards, wholesale banking, investment banking, wealth management and investment management services. The Company’s segments include Barclays UK and Barclays International. The Barclays UK segment includes the local consumer, small business, the United Kingdom wealth and credit cards business.
Receive News & Ratings for Barclays Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Barclays and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.