MonaCoin (CURRENCY:MONA) traded up 1.4% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on March 19th. One MonaCoin coin can now be bought for approximately $3.29 or 0.00048124 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Zaif, Bitbank, EXX and Fisco. During the last week, MonaCoin has traded 0.2% lower against the U.S. dollar. MonaCoin has a market cap of $193.39 million and $1.19 million worth of MonaCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $6,852.77 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 4.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $414.71 or 0.06057390 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $650.16 or 0.09496580 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $114.13 or 0.01667010 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $166.57 or 0.02432950 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $13.80 or 0.00201584 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0830 or 0.00001213 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $41.40 or 0.00604718 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $181.41 or 0.02649810 BTC.
MonaCoin Coin Profile
MONA is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Lyra2RE hashing algorithm. Its launch date was January 1st, 2014. MonaCoin’s total supply is 58,697,050 coins. The official website for MonaCoin is monacoin.org. MonaCoin’s official Twitter account is @_monappy_ and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for MonaCoin is /r/monacoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monacoin is a peer-to-peer payment network and digital currency based on an open source protocol. – scrypt – 1.5 minute block targets – subsidy halves in 1051k blocks (~3 years) – 105,120,000 total coins – 50 coins per block – DigiShield difficulty algorithm “
Buying and Selling MonaCoin
MonaCoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: EXX, Fisco, Bleutrade, Bittrex, Zaif, CryptoBridge, Livecoin and Bitbank. It is not currently possible to purchase MonaCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire MonaCoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase MonaCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for MonaCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for MonaCoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.