A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH) recently:
- 3/13/2018 – Cardinal Health was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c+” rating to a “b-” rating.
- 3/8/2018 – Cardinal Health is now covered by analysts at Barclays. They set an “equal weight” rating and a $74.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/7/2018 – Cardinal Health was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Cardinal Health registered strong performance in the Medical segment lately. The Pharmaceutical segment also witnessed strong growth in the Specialty business and gained a large number of Pharmaceutical Distribution customers. Further, the company is banking on strategic buyouts, joint ventures and supply agreements to drive growth. A strong fiscal 2018 outlook buoys optimism. On the flip side, despite growth in business, profits at the Pharmaceutical segment were hurt by generic pharmaceutical pricing. Huge investments in Pharmaceutical IT platform and lackluster generics performance are likely to mar Cardinal Health’s operational efficiencies in the upcoming quarter. Intense competition and customer concentration are other bottlenecks. Recently, the company closed the divestiture of its Cardinal Health China distribution.In the past year Cardinal Health underperformed the industry in which it belongs. “
- 2/27/2018 – Cardinal Health is now covered by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They set an “underperform” rating and a $69.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/9/2018 – Cardinal Health was given a new $72.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/8/2018 – Cardinal Health was given a new $83.00 price target on by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – Cardinal Health was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/29/2018 – Cardinal Health was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $84.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Over the last year, Cardinal Health has underperformed the broader industry with respect to price. However, a solid fiscal 2018 guidance instills our confidence in the stock. Also, Cardinal Health ended first-quarter on a solid note, courtesy of an encouraging performance at the Medical segment. The Pharmaceutical segment witnessed strong growth in the Specialty business and gained a huge number of Pharmaceutical Distribution customers. Furthermore, the company is banking on strategic buyouts, joint ventures and supply agreements to drive growth. On the flipside, despite growth in business, profits at the Pharmaceutical segment were hurt by generic pharmaceutical pricing, which is a major headwind. Intensifying competition and customer concentration are other bottlenecks. A sluggish macroeconomic scenario and tough product pricing environment are likely to impede growth.”
- 1/24/2018 – Cardinal Health was given a new $73.00 price target on by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
Cardinal Health stock traded down $0.93 during trading hours on Monday, hitting $70.02. 2,236,556 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 3,046,945. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.19, a current ratio of 1.09 and a quick ratio of 0.57. The firm has a market cap of $22,328.46, a price-to-earnings ratio of 12.18, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.60 and a beta of 0.95. Cardinal Health Inc has a 1-year low of $54.66 and a 1-year high of $83.18.
Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) last posted its earnings results on Thursday, February 8th. The company reported $1.31 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.14 by $0.17. The business had revenue of $35.19 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $34.63 billion. Cardinal Health had a net margin of 1.37% and a return on equity of 24.81%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 6.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted $1.34 EPS. equities research analysts forecast that Cardinal Health Inc will post 5.42 EPS for the current year.
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Sunday, April 15th. Investors of record on Monday, April 2nd will be issued a dividend of $0.4624 per share. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, March 29th. This represents a $1.85 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.64%. Cardinal Health’s payout ratio is 32.17%.
In related news, CEO Michael C. Kaufmann sold 18,586 shares of Cardinal Health stock in a transaction on Monday, January 22nd. The shares were sold at an average price of $73.90, for a total transaction of $1,373,505.40. Following the transaction, the chief executive officer now owns 211,849 shares in the company, valued at approximately $15,655,641.10. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, CEO Jon L. Giacomin sold 7,995 shares of Cardinal Health stock in a transaction on Tuesday, February 20th. The shares were sold at an average price of $68.78, for a total transaction of $549,896.10. Following the transaction, the chief executive officer now owns 63,043 shares in the company, valued at approximately $4,336,097.54. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 55,113 shares of company stock worth $3,815,073 in the last 90 days. Company insiders own 0.97% of the company’s stock.
Cardinal Health, Inc is a healthcare services and products company. The Company operates through two segments: Pharmaceutical and Medical. The Pharmaceutical segment distributes branded and generic pharmaceutical, specialty pharmaceutical, over-the-counter healthcare and consumer products. This segment also operates nuclear pharmacies and cyclotron facilities; provides pharmacy management services to hospitals, as well as medication therapy management and patient outcomes services to hospitals, other healthcare providers and payers, and provides services to healthcare companies.
Receive News & Ratings for Cardinal Health Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Cardinal Health Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.