BlackCoin (CURRENCY:BLK) traded 5.1% higher against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 2:00 AM E.T. on March 19th. BlackCoin has a total market capitalization of $16.73 million and $242,582.00 worth of BlackCoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, BlackCoin has traded down 2.6% against the US dollar. One BlackCoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.22 or 0.00003183 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, Bleutrade, CoinExchange and Tux Exchange.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded up 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $13.58 or 0.00198347 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded 10.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0416 or 0.00000607 BTC.
- Radium (RADS) traded 18.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.46 or 0.00065111 BTC.
- Rubycoin (RBY) traded 8.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00005495 BTC.
- Atmos (ATMS) traded up 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0528 or 0.00000771 BTC.
- Global Currency Reserve (GCR) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0297 or 0.00000434 BTC.
- NuShares (NSR) traded down 43.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- CybCSec (XCS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000031 BTC.
BlackCoin Coin Profile
BlackCoin is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the Proof of Stake hashing algorithm. It launched on February 24th, 2014. BlackCoin’s total supply is 76,774,522 coins. The Reddit community for BlackCoin is /r/blackcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. BlackCoin’s official Twitter account is @CoinBlack. The official website for BlackCoin is www.blackcoin.co.
According to CryptoCompare, “BlackCoin has seen initial success due to its innovative features. The coin has incorporated bitcoin upgrades to reduce transaction risk. The coin initially uses proof of work as well as proof of stake, with the proof of work being dropped after the 10000th block. The advantages of Blackcoins proof of stake is that it has extremely fast transaction confirmation times at ten seconds – compared to bitcoins ten minutes plus. The other bonus is the low energy consumption without PoW mining. Interest is paid annually at a 1% rate – well below the present global average. “
Buying and Selling BlackCoin
BlackCoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Livecoin, Bleutrade, CoinEgg, Bit-Z, CoinExchange, Bittylicious, AEX, Tux Exchange, LiteBit.eu, Poloniex and Cryptopia. It is not presently possible to purchase BlackCoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade BlackCoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase BlackCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for BlackCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for BlackCoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.