BitShares (CURRENCY:BTS) traded 4.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on March 19th. BitShares has a market capitalization of $378.83 million and $7.51 million worth of BitShares was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, BitShares has traded 2.7% higher against the U.S. dollar. One BitShares coin can now be purchased for $0.14 or 0.00002113 BTC on major exchanges including ZB.COM, Bitcoin Indonesia, Lbank and Binance.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Cardano (ADA) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00002266 BTC.
- Qtum (QTUM) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $13.53 or 0.00197399 BTC.
- OmiseGO (OMG) traded up 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $9.33 or 0.00136068 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded 11.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.42 or 0.00064444 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00003784 BTC.
- Mixin (XIN) traded 17.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $359.66 or 0.05245750 BTC.
- Particl (PART) traded up 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $12.12 or 0.00176770 BTC.
- Dropil (DROP) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0044 or 0.00000064 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded 8.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.31 or 0.00019084 BTC.
- ION (ION) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.26 or 0.00032999 BTC.
BTS is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the SHA-512 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on July 19th, 2014. BitShares’ total supply is 2,614,850,000 coins. BitShares’ official Twitter account is @_bitshares and its Facebook page is accessible here. BitShares’ official message board is bitsharestalk.org. The Reddit community for BitShares is /r/bitshares and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. BitShares’ official website is bitshares.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “BitShares (BTS) was first introduced in a White Paper titled “A Peer-to-Peer Polymorphic Digital Asset Exchange” by Daniel Larimer, Charles Hoskinson, and Stan Larimer. It is a brand of open-source software based on the as blockchain technology as used by Bitcoin. Unlike bitcoins, which do not produce any income for their owners, BitShare can be used to launch Decentralized Autonomous Companies (DACs) which issue shares, produce profits and distribute profits to shareholders. As such, BitShares is about making profitable companies that people want to own shares in, thus creating return for the shareholders. The first DAC launched by this proces was called BitSharesX, a decentralized asset exchange based in Hong Kong. BitShares was originally launched under the name of ProtoShares (PTS); it was later renamed to BitShares (BTS) and “reloaded” in November 2014 by merging several products into BitShares (BTS). “
Buying and Selling BitShares
BitShares can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Binance, Gate.io, CoinEgg, YoBit, Tidex, BigONE, Livecoin, BitShares Asset Exchange, ZB.COM, Lbank, AEX, CryptoBridge, EXX, Poloniex, OpenLedger DEX and Bitcoin Indonesia. It is not currently possible to buy BitShares directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade BitShares must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy BitShares using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for BitShares Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for BitShares and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.