Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded up 1.5% against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on March 19th. Bitcoin has a total market capitalization of $116.18 billion and $4.20 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Bitcoin has traded 4.5% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Bitcoin coin can now be purchased for $6,845.62 on cryptocurrency exchanges including GDAX, ZB.COM, CEX.IO and BTCBOX.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $651.81 or 0.09528260 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.85 or 0.00026992 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $11.64 or 0.00170225 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $119.35 or 0.01744700 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.49 or 0.00021844 BTC.
- PACcoin ($PAC) traded 31.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0063 or 0.00000093 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 6.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.16 or 0.00016913 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 11.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00002468 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00004100 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001917 BTC.
Bitcoin (BTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on January 3rd, 2009. Bitcoin’s total supply is 16,971,037 coins. The Reddit community for Bitcoin is /r/bitcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Bitcoin’s official message board is bitcointalk.org. Bitcoin’s official Twitter account is @bitcoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Bitcoin is bitcoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Buying and Selling Bitcoin
Bitcoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BitGrail, BTC Markets, YoBit, bitFlyer, Independent Reserve, Gatecoin, WEX, Huobi, Gate.io, Bleutrade, Coinroom, Exmo, Poloniex, Livecoin, RightBTC, Korbit, Binance, CoinEgg, Luno, Bit-Z, Bitonic, Mr. Exchange, Liqui, Coinsquare, Lbank, CoinExchange, CEX.IO, Cryptopia, Kraken, Bittrex, QuadrigaCX, BtcTrade.im, Zaif, Bithumb, HitBTC, Allcoin, Bitfinex, GetBTC, Upbit, ZB.COM, itBit, Coinone, OKEx, Coinnest, Foxbit, Coinfloor, xBTCe, ACX, Quoine, Kucoin, BTCTurk, Bitso, Coinrail, BTCC, BX Thailand, BTCBOX, Fisco, EXX, Tidex, Bibox, CoinsBank, BL3P, Paribu, CoolCoin, LakeBTC, Bitbank, Bitcoin Indonesia, Gemini, BitBay, BitMEX, Negocie Coins, Bitstamp and GDAX. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Changelly or GDAX.
Receive News & Ratings for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Bitcoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.