Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 11.2% lower against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 15:00 PM ET on March 7th. Siacoin has a total market capitalization of $412.96 million and $4.10 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Siacoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.0125 or 0.00000150 BTC on popular exchanges including BITHOLIC, Upbit, Poloniex and Bittrex. Over the last week, Siacoin has traded down 20.6% against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,400.61 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 9.1% against the dollar and now trades at $623.87 or 0.07491940 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $962.93 or 0.11563800 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $165.11 or 0.01982800 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 12.2% against the dollar and now trades at $218.42 or 0.02622920 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 11.7% against the dollar and now trades at $17.55 or 0.00210709 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded down 13.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9.47 or 0.00113686 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 9.1% against the dollar and now trades at $71.43 or 0.00857812 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 8.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $259.32 or 0.03114100 BTC.
Siacoin (SC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Blake2b hashing algorithm. It launched on June 6th, 2015. Siacoin’s total supply is 33,104,621,354 coins. The official website for Siacoin is sia.tech. Siacoin’s official Twitter account is @SiaTechHQ and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Siacoin is /r/Siacoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Buying and Selling Siacoin
Siacoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BITHOLIC, Bisq, Bittrex, Abucoins, HitBTC, Upbit and Poloniex. It is not currently possible to purchase Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Siacoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Siacoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Siacoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.