Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded down 10.6% against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 17:00 PM ET on March 14th. One Siacoin coin can now be bought for approximately $0.0125 or 0.00000150 BTC on popular exchanges including Abucoins, HitBTC, Poloniex and Bisq. During the last week, Siacoin has traded 19.6% lower against the U.S. dollar. Siacoin has a market capitalization of $412.71 million and $4.08 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,362.15 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 9.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $619.01 or 0.07452130 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 9.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $962.76 or 0.11590400 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $163.43 or 0.01967530 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 13.1% against the dollar and now trades at $215.93 or 0.02599500 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 12.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $17.31 or 0.00208367 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded down 13.9% against the dollar and now trades at $9.39 or 0.00113068 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $70.32 or 0.00846589 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $255.54 or 0.03076330 BTC.
SC is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Blake2b hashing algorithm. Its launch date was June 6th, 2015. Siacoin’s total supply is 33,105,546,797 coins. The Reddit community for Siacoin is /r/Siacoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Siacoin is sia.tech. Siacoin’s official Twitter account is @SiaTechHQ and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Siacoin Coin Trading
Siacoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bisq, HitBTC, BITHOLIC, Abucoins, Bittrex, Poloniex and Upbit. It is not possible to purchase Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Siacoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Siacoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.