A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Colfax (NYSE: CFX):
- 2/15/2018 – Colfax is now covered by analysts at Barclays PLC. They set an “underweight” rating on the stock.
- 2/7/2018 – Colfax had its price target lowered by analysts at KeyCorp from $46.00 to $44.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 2/7/2018 – Colfax had its price target lowered by analysts at Robert W. Baird from $47.00 to $42.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 2/7/2018 – Colfax had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Seaport Global Securities.
- 2/7/2018 – Colfax was upgraded by analysts at Gabelli from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 2/7/2018 – Colfax had its price target lowered by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $48.00 to $40.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/16/2018 – Colfax had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $44.00.
- 1/9/2018 – Colfax was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $47.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “In a month, Colfax's shares have outperformed the industry. We believe that Colfax is poised to benefit from its inorganic initiatives, solid product portfolio and cost-saving strategies. In December, the company completed divesting its Fluid Handling business to CIRCOR. For 2017 (results not yet released), the company maintained its adjusted earnings guidance at $1.65-$1.75 per share. It anticipates gaining from ESAB and Howden brands as well as from acquired businesses in 2018. These aspects are likely to boost 2018 earnings per share from continuing operations by more than 20% over 2017 prediction. Adjusted earnings for the year are anticipated to in the $2.00-$2.15 per share range. Earnings estimates on the stock increased for 2018 in the last 60 days.”
Shares of Colfax Corp (NYSE CFX) opened at $33.29 on Tuesday. The stock has a market capitalization of $4,090.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of -55.48, a PEG ratio of 1.17 and a beta of 1.17. Colfax Corp has a 1-year low of $31.50 and a 1-year high of $43.29. The company has a quick ratio of 1.47, a current ratio of 1.80 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.38.
Colfax (NYSE:CFX) last released its earnings results on Tuesday, February 6th. The industrial products company reported $0.45 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.44 by $0.01. The company had revenue of $874.00 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $894.02 million. Colfax had a return on equity of 6.11% and a net margin of 4.28%. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 7.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.46 earnings per share. sell-side analysts expect that Colfax Corp will post 2.12 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, EVP Daniel A. Pryor sold 53,333 shares of the stock in a transaction on Tuesday, December 19th. The stock was sold at an average price of $38.15, for a total value of $2,034,653.95. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now owns 93,557 shares in the company, valued at $3,569,199.55. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Also, SVP A. Lynne Puckett sold 7,270 shares of the stock in a transaction on Tuesday, January 16th. The stock was sold at an average price of $42.01, for a total value of $305,412.70. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 10.60% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
Colfax Corporation is an industrial manufacturing and engineering company. The Company provides air and gas handling, and fabrication technology products and services. The Company’s segments include Air and Gas handling, and Fabrication Technology. The Air and Gas Handling segment supplies a range of gas handling products, including heavy-duty centrifugal and axial fans, rotary heat exchangers, gas compressors, pumps and certain related products, as well as aftermarket services.
Receive News & Ratings for Colfax Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Colfax Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.