Ethereum (CURRENCY:ETH) traded 11.8% lower against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 17:00 PM ET on February 27th. One Ethereum coin can now be purchased for approximately $606.02 or 0.07475430 BTC on exchanges including BX Thailand, Coinone, Quoine and CEX.IO. Over the last week, Ethereum has traded 19.4% lower against the dollar. Ethereum has a total market capitalization of $59.50 billion and $1.65 billion worth of Ethereum was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 10.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,165.33 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 12.4% against the dollar and now trades at $936.15 or 0.11547700 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $161.17 or 0.01988050 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 15.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $211.38 or 0.02607420 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 15.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.73 or 0.00206406 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 17% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.07 or 0.00111854 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 13.9% against the dollar and now trades at $67.88 or 0.00837280 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 11.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $250.34 or 0.03087970 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.23 or 0.00027448 BTC.
ETH is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. It launched on July 30th, 2015. Ethereum’s total supply is 98,189,309 coins. Ethereum’s official Twitter account is @ethereumproject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ethereum is /r/ethereum and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Ethereum is www.ethereum.org. Ethereum’s official message board is forum.ethereum.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In the Ethereum protocol and blockchain there is a price for each operation. The general idea is, in order to have things transferred or executed by the network, you have to consume or burn Gas. The cryptocurrency is called Ether and is used to pay for computation time and for transaction fees.If you want to earn block rewards from the network, you can join the network as a miner. Follow the link for a guide on how to mine Ethereum on a Windows Pc. The much easier but a bit more expensive way is to buy an Ethereum mining contract. Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work. As long as you have enough funds to pay for your code to be run by the network, your contacts will always be up and running.It was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed and maintained by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe. There is also an Ethereum foundation and there are multiple startups working with the Ethereum blockchain.Ethereum is currently on the “Homestead” stage and all its related software is still considered Beta until the release of the next stage “Metropolis”. If you are looking for a GUI interface for your wallet, try the Ethereum Wallet DApp. It's still in beta so be careful when you use it.Our block explorer data bellow is freely provided by etherchain.org and etherscan.io. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum
Ethereum can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: YoBit, Cobinhood, Qryptos, bitFlyer, COSS, Tidebit, BigONE, Coinrail, Coinut, Poloniex, Huobi, QuadrigaCX, Upbit, EXX, BitBay, CoinEgg, RightBTC, Coinbene, ChaoEX, Coinnest, ACX, Korbit, Tidex, Coinone, CEX.IO, BX Thailand, Mercatox, Bit-Z, Exmo, Bitcoin Indonesia, Liqui, Bancor Network, HitBTC, BTCTurk, DSX, BitGrail, Koineks, OKEx, Kucoin, BtcTrade.im, Bithumb, Cryptopia, Bittrex, EtherDelta, Gatecoin, Gemini, Bitstamp, Allcoin, Livecoin, Mr. Exchange, ZB.COM, GDAX, Gate.io, CoinFalcon, Bibox, Lbank, Binance, Bitbank, xBTCe, Quoine, Bitinka, GOPAX, CoolCoin, Bitso, CoinExchange, Bitfinex, Coinsquare, Gatehub, WEX, BTC Markets, Independent Reserve, TOPBTC, Koinex and Kraken. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ethereum and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.