Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded down 2.7% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 0:00 AM Eastern on February 19th. Ethereum Classic has a market capitalization of $2.01 billion and approximately $173.47 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be purchased for approximately $19.98 or 0.00219222 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including BTC Markets, TOPBTC, BitBay and Upbit. Over the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded down 19.1% against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9,162.19 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 1.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $691.87 or 0.07590110 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1,039.55 or 0.11404200 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $175.27 or 0.01922830 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $247.92 or 0.02719800 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $10.71 or 0.00117504 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $78.78 or 0.00864197 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 4.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $284.30 or 0.03118890 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 3.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.61 or 0.00028687 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its launch date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 100,489,988 coins. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Ethereum Classic is www.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official message board is forum.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Gemini, Bithumb, Koineks, Upbit, Bitstamp, Coinone, xBTCe, Qryptos, WEX, COSS, Coinsquare, Exmo, GDAX, Binance, bitFlyer, BitBay, Bitfinex, Kraken, EtherDelta, CoinFalcon, ZB.COM, Gatehub, Lbank, Gatecoin, CoinExchange, BX Thailand, OKEx, Liqui, Bibox, Coinut, Mercatox, RightBTC, HitBTC, CEX.IO, YoBit, ACX, Mr. Exchange, Huobi, Coinbene, BTCTurk, Bitbank, QuadrigaCX, Gate.io, Independent Reserve, Livecoin, Cryptopia, BitGrail, DSX, BtcTrade.im, ChaoEX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Tidebit, Korbit, CoolCoin, Bitinka, Cobinhood, BTC Markets, Quoine, BigONE, Poloniex, EXX, Coinnest, Koinex, Bittrex, Allcoin, Bit-Z, Kucoin, CoinEgg, TOPBTC, Coinrail, GOPAX, Bitso, Tidex and Bancor Network. It is not possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.