Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on March 14th. Over the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded 21.7% lower against the dollar. Ethereum Classic has a market capitalization of $1.88 billion and approximately $173.17 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be purchased for $18.69 or 0.00213340 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Lbank, Poloniex, EXX and Gatecoin.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 3.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,838.66 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $667.87 or 0.07623350 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,023.22 or 0.11679400 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $168.23 or 0.01920230 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 7.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $237.47 or 0.02710580 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10.19 or 0.00116268 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $76.18 or 0.00869597 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $278.16 or 0.03175000 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.55 or 0.00029138 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its launch date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 100,496,302 coins. Ethereum Classic’s official website is www.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here. Ethereum Classic’s official message board is forum.ethereum.org. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinExchange, Bittrex, Coinone, ACX, BTCTurk, Gatecoin, CoinEgg, CoolCoin, BigONE, Kucoin, WEX, Bitcoin Indonesia, EtherDelta, Bitso, Lbank, Allcoin, Liqui, Kraken, Independent Reserve, Tidebit, xBTCe, Bibox, Gate.io, Korbit, Livecoin, Coinnest, GDAX, Gatehub, Exmo, Coinut, ZB.COM, Bithumb, BtcTrade.im, bitFlyer, Bitstamp, EXX, ChaoEX, COSS, TOPBTC, CoinFalcon, DSX, Coinsquare, BX Thailand, Tidex, BitBay, OKEx, Coinrail, Koineks, Gemini, QuadrigaCX, Cobinhood, Upbit, Binance, Mr. Exchange, Bit-Z, Koinex, Qryptos, HitBTC, GOPAX, BTC Markets, RightBTC, Mercatox, CEX.IO, YoBit, Huobi, Bancor Network, Bitinka, Bitbank, Poloniex, BitGrail, Cryptopia, Coinbene, Quoine and Bitfinex. It is not currently possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.