Counterparty (CURRENCY:XCP) traded down 11.3% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 18:00 PM ET on March 7th. One Counterparty coin can currently be bought for approximately $14.56 or 0.00178985 BTC on exchanges including Counterparty DEX, Zaif, Bittrex and Tux Exchange. Counterparty has a market cap of $38.09 million and approximately $290,391.00 worth of Counterparty was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Counterparty has traded 15.9% lower against the dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 10.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,186.55 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 12.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $938.50 or 0.11550900 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 8.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.21 or 0.00027169 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.73 or 0.00021283 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 9.8% against the dollar and now trades at $141.50 or 0.01740060 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded down 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.67 or 0.00020579 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00002859 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 24.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00003705 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001971 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded 21.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.87 or 0.00010663 BTC.
Counterparty Coin Profile
XCP is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It launched on January 2nd, 2014. Counterparty’s total supply is 2,617,041 coins. The official message board for Counterparty is counterpartytalk.org. Counterparty’s official Twitter account is @CounterpartyXCP and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Counterparty is counterparty.io. The Reddit community for Counterparty is /r/counterparty_xcp and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Counterparty is not a traditional crypto currency and is more of a payment network – using bitcoin as the transport layer. Counterparty is a free and open platform that puts powerful financial tools in the hands of everyone with an Internet connection. By harnessing the power of the Bitcoin network, Counterparty creates a robust and secure marketplace directly on the Bitcoin blockchain, extending Bitcoin’s functionality from a peer-to-peer payment network into a full fledged peer-to-peer financial platform. In addition to sending money without third-party intermediation you can trade, do business, and engage in advanced financial contracts without having to trust anyone else to hold your funds or do your accounting. Along with the Counterparty protocol, the platform consists of the native XCP token to perform advanced operations, and the secure, browser-based Counterwallet to provide the functionality. “
Buying and Selling Counterparty
Counterparty can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Counterparty DEX, Zaif, Bittrex, Poloniex and Tux Exchange. It is not presently possible to buy Counterparty directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Counterparty must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Counterparty using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Counterparty Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Counterparty and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.