BlackCoin (CURRENCY:BLK) traded 9.6% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 15:00 PM ET on February 27th. In the last week, BlackCoin has traded 29.8% lower against the US dollar. BlackCoin has a market capitalization of $20.08 million and approximately $246,096.00 worth of BlackCoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One BlackCoin coin can now be bought for approximately $0.26 or 0.00003161 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, CoinEgg, Bittylicious and Bittrex.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $16.42 or 0.00198359 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded 11% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0502 or 0.00000607 BTC.
- Radium (RADS) traded 12.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.12 or 0.00049728 BTC.
- Rubycoin (RBY) traded 1.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.54 or 0.00006494 BTC.
- Atmos (ATMS) traded 13.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0624 or 0.00000754 BTC.
- Global Currency Reserve (GCR) traded 15.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0337 or 0.00000407 BTC.
- NuShares (NSR) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000014 BTC.
- CybCSec (XCS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000031 BTC.
BlackCoin (CURRENCY:BLK) is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the Proof of Stake hashing algorithm. It launched on February 24th, 2014. BlackCoin’s total supply is 76,721,359 coins. BlackCoin’s official Twitter account is @CoinBlack. The Reddit community for BlackCoin is /r/blackcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. BlackCoin’s official website is www.blackcoin.co.
According to CryptoCompare, “BlackCoin has seen initial success due to its innovative features. The coin has incorporated bitcoin upgrades to reduce transaction risk. The coin initially uses proof of work as well as proof of stake, with the proof of work being dropped after the 10000th block. The advantages of Blackcoins proof of stake is that it has extremely fast transaction confirmation times at ten seconds – compared to bitcoins ten minutes plus. The other bonus is the low energy consumption without PoW mining. Interest is paid annually at a 1% rate – well below the present global average. “
Buying and Selling BlackCoin
BlackCoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinExchange, Bittrex, Poloniex, Livecoin, Bleutrade, LiteBit.eu, Tux Exchange, Bit-Z, AEX, CoinEgg, Bittylicious and Cryptopia. It is not presently possible to buy BlackCoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade BlackCoin must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy BlackCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for BlackCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for BlackCoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.