BitConnect (CURRENCY:BCC) traded 9.8% lower against the dollar during the one day period ending at 18:00 PM Eastern on March 14th. BitConnect has a market cap of $18.62 million and approximately $21,768.00 worth of BitConnect was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One BitConnect coin can currently be purchased for about $2.00 or 0.00024592 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Trade Satoshi, HitBTC, BCC Exchange and CoinExchange. In the last week, BitConnect has traded 0.3% lower against the dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $161.54 or 0.01988150 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 14.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0309 or 0.00000380 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 13.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0035 or 0.00000043 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 9.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00004113 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 19.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004709 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 16.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.57 or 0.00006955 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 12.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.35 or 0.00016558 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 38.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004350 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 15.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.20 or 0.00027075 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 10.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0834 or 0.00001025 BTC.
BitConnect Coin Profile
BitConnect (BCC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It launched on December 24th, 2016. BitConnect’s total supply is 10,037,977 coins and its circulating supply is 9,311,145 coins. BitConnect’s official Twitter account is @bitconnect and its Facebook page is accessible here. BitConnect’s official website is bitconnectcoin.co.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitfinex introduced trading on Chain Split Tokens (CST). The first such product of its kind, CSTs will allow Bitfinex customers to speculate on future fork events of the Bitcoin blockchain, specifically, the potential fork between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. They have designated these CSTs as BCC (Bitcoin Core) and BCU (Bitcoin Unlimited). CSTs will trade as BTC and USD pairs, initially without margin and they will reevaluate that decision if there is sufficient liquidity. Users will be able to create CSTs by “splitting” a bitcoin through the Token Manager (located in the Order Type drop down menu of the sidebar order ticket). Once split, the BTC will be removed from their account for each BCC and BCU added. Through the same Token Manager, users will be able to reverse this process at anytime, trading in equal numbers of BCC and BCU to extract BTC. If no fork occurs by December 31, 2017, then BCU will expire worthless and BTC will be given in exchange for each BCC holder. If, however, there is a fork, specifically Bitcoin Unlimited, then, as soon as they list Bitcoin Unlimited, they will exchange BCU tokens for Bitcoin Unlimited tokens as well as retiring BCC tokens in favor of Bitcoin Core tokens. More detailed information can be found in the Chains Split Token Terms and Conditions. They are planning a few additional enhancements including a realtime display of total CSTs as well as segregated cold storage for the bitcoins that have been split, which we will periodically settle to and from their hot wallet. “
Buying and Selling BitConnect
BitConnect can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, BCC Exchange, HitBTC, CoinExchange and Trade Satoshi. It is not presently possible to buy BitConnect directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade BitConnect must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy BitConnect using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for BitConnect Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BitConnect and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.