Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded down 8.6% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 16:00 PM ET on March 7th. Bitcoin has a market capitalization of $141.39 billion and approximately $5.93 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Bitcoin coin can now be purchased for $8,356.69 on cryptocurrency exchanges including Kraken, Foxbit, Exmo and BitGrail. During the last seven days, Bitcoin has traded down 17% against the dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 9.8% against the dollar and now trades at $962.08 or 0.11608400 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.34 or 0.00028294 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 12.5% against the dollar and now trades at $14.39 or 0.00173673 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.88 or 0.00022651 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 8.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $142.46 or 0.01718940 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded down 11.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.72 or 0.00020744 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00002801 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 12.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004200 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 8.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001930 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded down 15.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.90 or 0.00010863 BTC.
Bitcoin (BTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was January 3rd, 2009. Bitcoin’s total supply is 16,919,250 coins. The official message board for Bitcoin is bitcointalk.org. The official website for Bitcoin is bitcoin.org. The Reddit community for Bitcoin is /r/bitcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Bitcoin’s official Twitter account is @bitcoin and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Buying and Selling Bitcoin
Bitcoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Gemini, Gate.io, Independent Reserve, Coinone, BX Thailand, BitBay, BitGrail, Exmo, HitBTC, Coinfloor, bitFlyer, Fisco, QuadrigaCX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bittrex, Bleutrade, Liqui, Paribu, RightBTC, Korbit, Bitonic, YoBit, Luno, Foxbit, CoinsBank, Coinrail, EXX, Gatecoin, LakeBTC, Bithumb, Bibox, Zaif, GetBTC, Bitbank, Quoine, itBit, GDAX, CoinExchange, xBTCe, Coinnest, BitMEX, BL3P, BTCC, Bitso, Allcoin, Coinroom, Bitfinex, BTCTurk, Binance, Huobi, CoinEgg, CoolCoin, Bit-Z, Livecoin, Upbit, CEX.IO, Bitstamp, Mr. Exchange, BtcTrade.im, Kucoin, Lbank, BTCBOX, Tidex, Negocie Coins, ACX, WEX, Coinsquare, BTC Markets, OKEx, Cryptopia, ZB.COM and Kraken. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly.
Receive News & Ratings for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Bitcoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.