Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 0.3% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on March 6th. Ripple has a total market cap of $31.15 billion and $277.80 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Ripple coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.80 or 0.00008606 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Abucoins, ZB.COM, Rippex and Gatehub. In the last week, Ripple has traded down 13.5% against the dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- NEO (NEO) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $84.23 or 0.00909695 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00003181 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.36 or 0.00014722 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0362 or 0.00000390 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00010806 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 10.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.50 or 0.00048618 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 29.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $10.45 or 0.00112910 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.75 or 0.00202520 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded up 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $821.44 or 0.08871310 BTC.
Ripple’s genesis date was February 2nd, 2013. Ripple’s total supply is 99,992,497,246 coins and its circulating supply is 39,091,716,516 coins. Ripple’s official Twitter account is @Ripple and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ripple is /r/ripple and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Ripple is www.xrpchat.com. The official website for Ripple is ripple.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: AEX, CoinEgg, Poloniex, Ripple China, Bitinka, Coinrail, LiteBit.eu, Korbit, Koinex, Altcoin Trader, Cryptomate, Qryptos, HitBTC, Abucoins, Bits Blockchain, Upbit, The Rock Trading, ZB.COM, BitFlip, Bitstamp, Bitsane, Gate.io, Exmo, BCEX, Huobi, Kraken, Rippex, BTC Markets, Bitbank, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Bittrex, Bitcoin Indonesia, RippleFox, BX Thailand, Gatehub, Coinbene, Bitfinex, Exrates, Tripe Dice Exchange, CEX.IO, Coinone, Bithumb, Mr. Exchange, Binance, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway) and Bitso. It is not presently possible to buy Ripple directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ripple must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ripple and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.