Ethereum (CURRENCY:ETH) traded 1% lower against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM ET on February 26th. One Ethereum coin can now be purchased for about $684.66 or 0.07551140 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Kucoin, Huobi, YoBit and Poloniex. In the last seven days, Ethereum has traded 16.7% lower against the dollar. Ethereum has a total market capitalization of $67.21 billion and approximately $1.58 billion worth of Ethereum was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9,123.92 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $1,059.48 or 0.11685100 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 2.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $174.68 or 0.01926540 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $248.27 or 0.02738150 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $19.83 or 0.00218682 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded up 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $11.01 or 0.00121467 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $78.37 or 0.00864311 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $280.72 or 0.03096030 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $2.38 or 0.00026280 BTC.
ETH is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum’s total supply is 98,167,652 coins. Ethereum’s official Twitter account is @ethereumproject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ethereum is /r/ethereum and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Ethereum is forum.ethereum.org. Ethereum’s official website is www.ethereum.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In the Ethereum protocol and blockchain there is a price for each operation. The general idea is, in order to have things transferred or executed by the network, you have to consume or burn Gas. The cryptocurrency is called Ether and is used to pay for computation time and for transaction fees.If you want to earn block rewards from the network, you can join the network as a miner. Follow the link for a guide on how to mine Ethereum on a Windows Pc. The much easier but a bit more expensive way is to buy an Ethereum mining contract. Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work. As long as you have enough funds to pay for your code to be run by the network, your contacts will always be up and running.It was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed and maintained by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe. There is also an Ethereum foundation and there are multiple startups working with the Ethereum blockchain.Ethereum is currently on the “Homestead” stage and all its related software is still considered Beta until the release of the next stage “Metropolis”. If you are looking for a GUI interface for your wallet, try the Ethereum Wallet DApp. It's still in beta so be careful when you use it.Our block explorer data bellow is freely provided by etherchain.org and etherscan.io. “
Ethereum Coin Trading
Ethereum can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: YoBit, HitBTC, Cobinhood, CoinFalcon, Bancor Network, Cryptopia, Tidex, Binance, RightBTC, Coinbene, EtherDelta, Gate.io, Coinsquare, BigONE, GDAX, Bibox, BTC Markets, Coinnest, CoolCoin, Gatehub, BTCTurk, Livecoin, xBTCe, Independent Reserve, ACX, Bit-Z, BitBay, Bitstamp, WEX, Koinex, DSX, BitGrail, COSS, Huobi, BtcTrade.im, CoinEgg, EXX, bitFlyer, Bithumb, Gemini, Korbit, Koineks, GOPAX, Lbank, Bitinka, TOPBTC, Kucoin, CoinExchange, Poloniex, Exmo, Bitcoin Indonesia, Allcoin, Tidebit, Mercatox, CEX.IO, Gatecoin, Kraken, Liqui, Bitfinex, Bitso, ZB.COM, Coinrail, Quoine, QuadrigaCX, Bitbank, Coinut, Bittrex, Qryptos, Upbit, Mr. Exchange, Coinone, ChaoEX, OKEx and BX Thailand. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum using US dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ethereum and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.