Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded 0.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on January 21st. In the last seven days, Tether has traded up 0.6% against the U.S. dollar. One Tether token can now be purchased for approximately $1.00 or 0.00011509 BTC on exchanges including Gate.io, Bibox, Binance and Huobi. Tether has a total market capitalization of $2.22 billion and $2.45 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.06 or 0.00012208 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $112.90 or 0.01295470 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004484 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.81 or 0.00020777 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0450 or 0.00000517 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $4.21 or 0.00048323 BTC.
- U.CASH (UCASH) traded 65.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00002045 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 9.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $28.88 or 0.00331413 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $9.16 or 0.00105061 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002525 BTC.
Tether Token Profile
Tether was first traded on June 10th, 2014. Tether’s total supply is 2,280,109,970 tokens and its circulating supply is 2,217,140,814 tokens. Tether’s official Twitter account is @Tether_to. Tether’s official website is tether.to.
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: EXX, Bittrex, Binance, Coinut, Upbit, Tidex, ZB.COM, Poloniex, HitBTC, Cryptopia, Exmo, Liqui, Bibox, Kucoin, OKEx, Gate.io, Huobi, Coinbene, Kraken and Bitfinex. It is not currently possible to purchase Tether directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Tether must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Tether using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Tether and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.