Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded up 5% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 13:00 PM ET on February 12th. One Peercoin coin can currently be purchased for $3.61 or 0.00041419 BTC on exchanges including Cryptopia, Bit-Z, The Rock Trading and YoBit. Peercoin has a total market capitalization of $88.91 million and approximately $530,345.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Peercoin has traded up 20.7% against the dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,752.96 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1,265.83 or 0.14515500 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.10 or 0.00047027 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 16.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.39 or 0.00050394 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 6.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0008 or 0.00000009 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 2.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $104.09 or 0.01193670 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded up 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 10% higher against the dollar and now trades at $30.78 or 0.00352931 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 19.4% against the dollar and now trades at $3.14 or 0.00036026 BTC.
PPC is a coin. Its launch date was August 20th, 2012. Peercoin’s total supply is 24,616,632 coins. Peercoin’s official website is www.peercoin.net. Peercoin’s official message board is talk.peercoin.net. The Reddit community for Peercoin is /r/peercoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Peercoin’s official Twitter account is @peercoinppc and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Peercoin Coin Trading
Peercoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BX Thailand, LiteBit.eu, The Rock Trading, Tux Exchange, OpenLedger DEX, WEX, Bittrex, Bit-Z, SouthXchange, Cryptopia, YoBit, HitBTC, Livecoin, Bleutrade, Coingi, Poloniex and Bittylicious. It is not possible to purchase Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.