Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded up 8.1% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 19:00 PM ET on January 21st. One Bitcoin coin can currently be bought for $8,926.57 on exchanges including WEX, bitFlyer, CoinExchange and RightBTC. Bitcoin has a market cap of $150.51 billion and approximately $6.26 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, Bitcoin has traded up 30.6% against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1,283.91 or 0.14456200 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $4.27 or 0.00048100 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 17.8% against the dollar and now trades at $32.55 or 0.00366552 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 18.3% against the dollar and now trades at $3.01 or 0.00033683 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 11.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.61 or 0.00029231 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 3.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $154.13 or 0.01724470 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 7.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00004706 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 12.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00003722 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002278 BTC.
Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It launched on January 3rd, 2009. Bitcoin’s total supply is 16,861,250 coins. The official message board for Bitcoin is bitcointalk.org. Bitcoin’s official Twitter account is @bitcoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Bitcoin is /r/bitcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Bitcoin’s official website is bitcoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Bitcoin Coin Trading
Bitcoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BTC Markets, Korbit, GDAX, Binance, Huobi, LakeBTC, Quoine, itBit, WEX, Allcoin, BitMEX, CoinEgg, BL3P, Zaif, Foxbit, Mr. Exchange, Kucoin, ACX, Cryptopia, Bitso, Liqui, Bleutrade, Lbank, Negocie Coins, Paribu, Bithumb, Poloniex, Kraken, Upbit, EXX, ZB.COM, xBTCe, Bittrex, OKEx, Bitonic, Coinsquare, Bit-Z, CoinExchange, Bitbank, CoolCoin, GetBTC, Bitfinex, Coinone, BTCTurk, Exmo, Luno, BTCBOX, Independent Reserve, CEX.IO, Bitcoin Indonesia, BitGrail, YoBit, Bibox, BitBay, CoinsBank, QuadrigaCX, Bitstamp, Gate.io, BtcTrade.im, RightBTC, Coinnest, Tidex, Gemini, BX Thailand, Gatecoin, Livecoin, BTCC, HitBTC, Coinfloor, Coinrail, Coinroom, Fisco and bitFlyer. Investors seeking to acquire Bitcoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase.
Receive News & Ratings for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Bitcoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.