News coverage about AZZ (NYSE:AZZ) has been trending somewhat negative recently, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm identifies negative and positive news coverage by monitoring more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. AZZ earned a news sentiment score of -0.01 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news headlines about the industrial products company an impact score of 44.7172308455399 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the news headlines that may have effected Accern Sentiment’s analysis:
- INVESTOR ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Reminds Shareholders of AZZ Inc. of Commencement of a Class Action Lawsuit and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of March 12, 2018 – AZZ (finance.yahoo.com)
- AZZ (AZZ) Lowered to Sell at Zacks Investment Research (americanbankingnews.com)
- AZZ Inc. Reminder: Important March 12, 2018 Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action – AZZ (finance.yahoo.com)
- The Klein Law Firm Notifies Investors of Commencement of a Class Action on Behalf of AZZ Inc. Shareholders and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of March 12, 2018 (AZZ) (finance.yahoo.com)
- INVESTOR NOTICE: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against AZZ Inc. And Encourages Investors with Losses Exceeding $100,000 to Contact the Firm (finance.yahoo.com)
Separately, Zacks Investment Research raised shares of AZZ from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating in a research note on Tuesday, December 5th.
Shares of AZZ (NYSE AZZ) traded up $0.05 during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $42.75. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 118,625 shares, compared to its average volume of 177,570. The company has a quick ratio of 1.43, a current ratio of 2.57 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.53. The stock has a market cap of $1,108.55, a price-to-earnings ratio of 21.70 and a beta of 1.32. AZZ has a 12 month low of $40.90 and a 12 month high of $61.55.
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Tuesday, February 20th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, February 6th will be issued a dividend of $0.17 per share. The ex-dividend date is Monday, February 5th. This represents a $0.68 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.59%. AZZ’s dividend payout ratio is presently 34.52%.
TRADEMARK VIOLATION NOTICE: This story was originally published by The Lincolnian Online and is owned by of The Lincolnian Online. If you are viewing this story on another website, it was illegally copied and republished in violation of United States & international trademark & copyright law. The original version of this story can be viewed at https://www.thelincolnianonline.com/2018/02/12/azz-azz-receiving-somewhat-negative-news-coverage-accern-reports-updated-updated-updated.html.
AZZ Inc is a provider of galvanizing services, welding solutions, specialty electrical equipment and engineered services to the power generation, transmission, distribution, refining and industrial markets. The Company operates through two segments: Energy segment and Galvanizing segment. Its Energy segment provides products and services designed to support industrial, nuclear and electrical applications.
Receive News & Ratings for AZZ Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AZZ and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.